Followers

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Calendar Routines

Question for my fellow bloggers?  I want to hear from everyone about your calendar routines.  In the past, I have used a wall calendar with a variety of songs.  I find that it is not engaging and would like to find something new and exciting for students this year.  I do not have a promethean board or smart board, but have a way to project onto a screen using my computer or iPad.  Does anyone have a great idea?

 I have seen many great calendar notebook ideas on TPT, but am looking for a way to make it interactive and modeled.  (not just the kids filling in their notebooks, but meaningful activities).

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.  I can't believe it is already July!  Not ready for summer to be over!  Have been learning so much about the CGI math strategies this week at a workshop.  I am excited to see where this adventure will take my little kindergartners.  I wish this method was around when my son was first in school.  Would have saved a lot of heartache and frustration for him:(


2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa. Check out Castles and Crayons schedule spotlight linky. One of them was all about calendar time so lots of great ideas from different bloggers.

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Girlfriend (I sometimes like to talk like we're 20-somethings!)...I nominated you for an award so come to my blog and pick it up!!
    SynonymRolls&AntonymMoments

    ReplyDelete